Tuesday, February 01, 2011

MIXCD EXTRAVAGANZA



Okay. Here is goes.

A month ago I sent out mixcd's to my blog friends for our annual MixCd Extravanganza.

The project was simple. I love blogging and the people I have met via this site have changed my life. Because of this I came up with a MixCd Exchange a year ago where I would send out personalized mixcd's as an appreciation to the people I have meet via this site.

And it was a major success. I feel closer to the people who have read my blog these past five years but who I have not been able to meet in person through this musical experience. Only a small band of us participated this year but the quality of the mix(s) have exceeded expectations.

This year I wanted to include a tracklist for your viewing pleasure. Unlike the previous year where I made only mixes for friends of the blog, I decided to also make a Everything Was Beautiful Mix. That CD was (is) available to anyone who has read my journal and found a kinship with my experience.

Each song on that mix is a tour de France of my blogging year and musical influences. The songs are catchy and cheesy and well should be considered a sort of soundtrack of my writing.

I compiled a lot of music this year folks. From oldies that i adore on my days off to new songs to pass the time.

While each cd was personalized to the participator the Everything was Mix consisted of songs that have specific meaning to my journal process. 17 of my favorite songs of the last five years, all of which I have mentally played during one or two scenarios of my anxious life.

I'll provide the track list for this mix first and add the three that I compiled for my musical besties in a later post.

EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING HURT:

1. Let Go- Frou Frou
2. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight- The Postal Service
3. The Long Way Around- Dixie Chicks
4. Clocks- Coldplay
5. On Your Side-Pete Yorn
6. Breathe Me- Sia
7. Chariot- Gavin Degraw
8. Grey Street- DMB
9. Landed- Ben Folds
10. Another Place to Fall- KT Tunstall
11. All the Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands- Sufjan Stevens
12. Wonderwall- Ryan
13. Fade Into You- Mazzy Star
14. The Great Beyong- R.E.M
15. Breathe- Michelle Branch
16. Something to Sing About Buffy- The Cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
17. Dog Days Are Over- Florence & the Machine

These songs were sort of easy to put together. They are songs that I have listened to while writing or written about in posts. It's sort of a chick fest of music but I made up for it with the other more personal mixes.

To be continued.....

1 comment:

MaryPoppins said...

Hey Beckett! I wanted to tell you that when I got home from work yesterday evening, there was a package waiting for me and it brightened my mood.

Thank you for putting so much thought into the mix and the covers. It means a lot. (The little notepad is pretty irresistible too!)

I will continue on my listening adventure as I obsessively look up lyrics and expand my musical horizons with music videos of the artists included. So many bands I have never heard of! Love being exposed to new music.

So once again, thank you!

(I hope you will receive mine soon, if you haven't already?)